Wednesday, September 19, 2007

So very tired.....


As you can imagine, today was a bit of a tough day. Both Tracey and I get waves of emotion. Sometimes all is well, then the next minute we just want to cry. That's normal I guess.
The NICU people are absolutely wonderful. The arranged a small box filled with Avery's things. They had already taken an imprint of her hands and feet in clay (like a childs christmas tree ornament) and were going to give that to us anyway. It made us cry.
There is another couple in the NICU, about our age, who just had twins too. I saw them today, talked with the mom and dad for a bit and was happy for them. Both Tracey and I are heartbroken about our situation, but none the less are happy for others. We've found that by sharing our story it at times inspires others to be thankful for what they have. It's just our way of making a good situation out of a not so good one.
Colby is doing well. This picture was taken this afternoon. He's very alert. Squirming all over the place. You can see the little monitors that are stuck to his little body. He pulls and kicks them off quite a bit. I think he just likes the attention from the pretty nurses.
We got a little digital voice recorder and Tracey has taped herself reading stories. I put that in with Colby when I left tonight.
Tracey and I are getting away tomorrow. We're going to an Inn up in Mass. for the night. Just one night. We couldn't stand to be away for any longer. We'll visit Colby in the morning on our way and then on the way back on Thursday. But the day away will do us some good.
Tracey and I haven't slept well for a couple days as you can imagine. I'm so very tired. Just when I think I can't feel any more drained or worn thing, things seem to change and become more challenging. Things are bound to change for the better for us soon.
The ongoing support from everyone is simply amazing. It honestly helps. And thank all of you who have donated to our walk. We had to enter a "goal" amount so we entered $1,000 not knowing what to expect. As you can see we've surpassed that goal which is amazing !! I'm glad we entered that walk. Just the idea that whatever we raise can help families avoid being in our shoes is a good feeling.
It's gong on 12:30 am so going to call the NICU to check on Colby and then I'm going to crash for the night.
Scott

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad to hear that Colby is doing better. I really hope your day away is relaxing. God bless and your family is in our prayers!!!

From one NICU family to another,
Jamie, Jordan and Maleia Fabel
Keller, Texas

Laura Wheatley said...

Dear Tracey and Scott,
I found the below poem and immediately thought of you. Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. May God's peace be with you.

Children’s Footprints

Some children come into our lives and go quickly.
Some children come into our lives and stay awhile.
All our children come into our lives and leave footprints –
Some oh so small;
Some a little larger;
Some, larger still,
But all have left their footprints on our lives; in our hearts.
And we will never, never be the same.
DOREEN SEXTON

Anonymous said...

We are pulling for you and your little one in Texas. Please know that our hearts and prayers are with you! We have followed your journey through the help of Mary and Randy.

Ginger and Charlie Fray
Houston, Texas