Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I got to hold my daugter tonight !!

Need I say anything more??!!

...well..I will. It was GREAT !!! Sorry, no pics. I went alone. I'll get some pics of me with them soon.

Avery is doing great the last couple days !! Yesterday she was a little off, but that's to be expected. She has been getting breast milk, albeit very small amounts since Sunday now and has been doing wonderful with that. Today I had a full work day. Out of he house around 8am, on appointments all day and back home around 5. Quick bite to eat and then off to the hospital. I think that will be my "norm" for a while. I didn't get back home until about 10pm. But hell, I got to hold my little girl! I would have stayed there all night if I had to !!

Colby is doing well too. Yesterday, he was having a hard day. He was back on the oscillating respirator for a couple days and I think that was getting to him. He was agitated and didn't want to be touched or anything. His lungs are cooperating so they've taken him off that for now. He was zonked out. Completely wiped. I put my hands in and held him as best I could within incubator, but tried to let him be.

It's kind of funny because when you talk to him, his forehead raises up. Almost like he doesn't know how to work his eyelids yet, so he tries to pull his eyes open with his forehead.

Sorry I haven't been as diligent with the updates but life is getting a bit busier now. Tracey is home and doing MUCH better. She's able to drive herself to the NICU. I'm falling back into more of a normal work routine. I'll continue to post updates every couple days and certainly when we hit milestones.

One important thing is happening tomorrow.....they're doing their weekly ultrasound to see how the babies brain bleeds are doing. Last week was the same as the week prior. I'm STILL hoping that this week will show signs of improvement.

I hope this blog is working well for everyone. You can click on the pictures to make them larger. You can also comment on posts by clicking on the comment icon. You don't need to register to post comments. You can click on the "Anonymous" icon and simply sign your comment (if you wish to) within the verbiage that you type. Or...you can always e-mail me as you did before. : )

I've got another full day tomorrow and it's getting close to 11:30, so I'm going to sign off for tonight.

Scott

2 comments:

Liz and Chris said...

yeah! Colby needs to stay off the ventilator see he can be held now! I'm sure that closeness of being held is going to help exponentially!

Anonymous said...

Such wonderful news. And liz and chris are right- physical closeness is very healing for infants. But untill then talk, even sing to Colby softly. That's healing for infants too.