Thursday, September 13, 2007

Colby's doing well after surgery


I'm writing this entry BEFORE I go to the hospital today. I find that writing them late at night is hard. My mind is shot. I'm in the office now just trying to wrap up my day and will head to the hospital from here.


We talked with the nurses today and they said Colby is doing well. Still sleeping from the anesthesia and all, but he's comfortable. Thus far no signs of infection or bleeding which is very good.


Avery is also doing better. They replaced the tube that goes from the ventilator into her lungs. It had been making a wheezing sound which made the Dr's think it might have been too small and it was allowing air to escape. This larger tube seems to be doing the trick as her blood oxygen levels were better this afternoon. We haven't heard the results from her ultrasound. Here is a link which talks about IVH or Brain Bleeds.



Tracey is doing well. She's really tired today. I think yesterday was tough on her.


We knew we would need to get a minivan once we found out we were having twins. Even with just one baby, we would have Evan, the baby, Tracey and I and on just about all of our trips we bring our dog, Hamilton. He's a good 100 lbs of drool and fur. I threw an old picture of him on today's posting. So even with just one extra child a minivan was in order. Tracey's had her car for at least 5 years now and it's starting to limp a long. We were hoping to wait a couple more months until we needed to buy a van but it's looking like it will be sooner than later. It will be nice for Tracey though to be driving a shiny new minivan. I'll just need to get a Dave Matthews sticker for the back window to make it a stylin' minivan.


I'm going to wrap up here in the office so I can get off to the hospital. I'm glad to see that many of you have figured out how to post comments. Clare is right....no poopy diapers for Colby for a while. : )

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Guys!

Keep up your strength! You guys are dealing with this so well..it must be so difficult but we are all thinking about you and praying for the best.

Bev, Henry & Andrew

Liz and Chris said...

soccer mom! :) Welcome to the large vehicle club!