Saturday, October 27, 2007

Colby's two months old now!


(Colby giving us a little smile) (Tracey and the nurse trying to unwinde Colby's wires and tubes to get him dressed)
(Nothing fits Colby as he's too little. Even Preemie clothes are too big)
(Nothing like mom and son time)

(Colby all tucked away back in his incubator and ready to take a nap)

(Mom and dad holding Colby's hands. You can see the hydrocephalus in the back of his head)

Wow, two months old! It feels like he should be two years old given all that he's gone through. Happy Two Month "Birthday" my boy!!!

We found Colby doing well last night. He was pretty tired because he had to go for some procedures on his lower intestines in the morning. We asked the nurse if they sedate him during all of that and they said they didn't. So I can imagine that he was upset and tired out from that ordeal. The surgeon came in very quickly and said everything was looking good for Tuesday. He said that another surgeon would be in touch with us to go over the procedure and all. So we'll need to wait to hear from them.

Colby gained a little more weight last night. 3 pounds and now 2 ounces. It's a far cry from his one pound and change that he weighed at birth. But to look at him, he's still pretty thin. I honestly wonder how much of that weight is the fluid in his head.

I brought the camera to the hospital last night. I LOVE taking pictures of him. When I got home and downloaded them, I realized I had taken 116 pictures !!! It's easy to do when yo have a digital camera. And half of them were blurred or similar to other ones, so they get deleted. That's the good thing about a digital camera, you can take 1,000 pictures and pick out the 5 good ones.

You may remember us talking about a doctor that we really liked, Doctor Casey. And that the doctors in the NICU rotate in and out from time to time. Well, Dr Casey just rotates back this weekend and will be with us for the next two weeks or so. Tracey and I were very happy about that. The other doctors were all wonderful too. But you know when you just have a good feeling, or a connection with someone? That's all the more important when that someone is taking care of your little boy!

This past week I've made a conscious effort to try to rest up and get back on my feet. I've gone to bed really early, come home during the day if I didn't have appointments and slept, and just tried to find a balance again. I'm feeling sooooooooooo much better ! Kind of funny how it all works because I'm just back on my feet and what's around the corner?............Colby's surgery. haha. Hey, that's the way life goes sometimes.

Thank you, Katie, for posting your comment and sharing your story. I'm soooooo glad to hear that our story in some way has helped you and your husband. I can't tell you how motivating it is for me to hear that our ups and downs help someone else through their day. Tracey and I said from day one that we didn't want to simply trudge through this journey, but rather do whatever we could to make something positive out of what otherwise could just be a very long couple of months....and maybe now years. So thank you, thank you, thank you for your comment. : ) And know that in time, all will work out fine.

I think...and I may be wrong....for those of you who do want to post comments, I think you can click on comments at the end of any of my blog entries. Then type in whatever you want. But then select "anonymous" under were it says "choose an identity". This allows you to bipass entering a username and password. When this is done, you can then press Publish your comment.

Anyway, I'm going to do a little work this morning.....then off to see my boy. We have a new Cabela's store here in CT and I'm going to bring my stepson there this afternoon. They're supposed to have a lot to look at. I hope you all enjoy your Saturday!

Ow....and Happy 2 month Birthday again, Colby !!! Hey, maybe I should by him a Dave Matthews CD as a present or something? I looked for DMB preemie stuff but there just isn't anything out there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cabela's is really cool!!! There are a lot of different things to look at and in the one here they have a shooting game... it is pretty fun, more like target practice.

Happy 2 month little man!!! Keep packing on the pounds and ounces, before your surgery.

GOD BLESS,
Jamie, Jordan, and Maleia

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott and Tracey,
Scott, I've been following your blog almost daily to check on Colby. Just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you. Tim went to Cabela's with Alyssa before the official opening so I'm sure you'll enjoy it. You are an inspiration. Taking time for yourself is the best thing you can do for everyone. Know that we are thinking of you at MRFES. Colby is a lucky guy and you and Tracey are fabulous parents. Keep it up. :)
Lisa

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday Colby! Scott I think he's onto you with the picture taking, he's a little ham for the camera! Thinking of you often!

Michelle

Liz and Chris said...

Crazy! I can't believe he's two months already. Then again, it does seem like it's been a long time since that first day Tracey went in to the hospital.

I can't WAIT to see the milestones Colby hits in the next two months! The suregery may set him back a bit but it's like the slogan goes-one step back but two steps forward!

Anonymous said...

http://www.cafepress.com/buy/dave%20matthews/-/cfpt2_/x_27/cfpt_670:___________CX_________K_______H/source_searchBox/copt_/y_6

You can get him a bib or a onesie to grow into!!
Love Clare

Searching said...

I'll be praying for a quick and easy recovery for the little one!

Cynthia said...

It is so nice to see Colby wearing big boy clothes! Happy two months!