Monday, July 14, 2008

Big day tomorrow

Colby has been doing so well lately. Very vocal and interactive. He continues to do the thing with his eyes and tomorrow is our followup appointment with his neurosurgeon. I'm not afraid or anxious for tomorrow. Rather eager to hear what he has to say, what the source of the seizures (if that's what they really are) are, and what can we done. I guess the one question that does weigh heavy on me is if they will continue, get worse or spread. I'm sure the doctor's reply will be a typical doctor's answer "We don't know. We'll just have to wait and see." Of all the answers, that's my least favorite. I just want to know.....good or bad. If it's good news, EXCELLENT. If it's not so good news, then let's figure out how we'll tackle it and move forward. Like I said way back in one of my postings...I'm black and white when it comes to this kind of stuff.
I am fully booked with appointments tomorrow afternoon and into the early evening. But as soon as I have time, I'll post to let everyone know what the neurosurgeon has to say.

3 comments:

Braydens Blog said...

For starters your son is soo cute. I also have a premmie baby. HIs name is Brayden and he was 2 pounds 6 ounces when I had him. My son was also doing weird things with his eyes similer to colbys. It went on for a month or so b4 I took him in to a nerurologist. I was very scared but at the same time very aware about seizures as it runs in my family. Long story short it went very good it was not seizures it has to do with something with his eyes. He has to go to a eye doc now. So good luck and I hope that everything goes well.

The Johnson Family 5 said...

Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you tomorrow!!

Braydens Blog said...

I have a question how well does colby eat? Bray has had some feeding issue but latley he has been doing ok. How much does he weigh? How many ounces does he take of formula a day? Sorry so many questions..