Saturday, January 26, 2013

Poem for Dads who have lost a child......

Someone very special passed this along to me.  Loosing anyone close to you takes it's toll and continues to affect you for as long as you remember the experience.  But loosing a child and in some ways trying to stay strong and hold yourself together is something I think many dads do. Nobody asks dads to play this role and it in no way diminishes the support, strength and sorrow of mothers who have lost a child.  I've seen a lot of poems to address the experience either from a mother's perspective or from a generic parental role.  But this is the first I've seen that speaks to a father and they way he may feel.  I hope this in some way connects with other dads who might be able to relate.  This poem really struck a chord in me for many reasons and I just had to share. 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

:)

Unknown said...

I just lost my son who was only 18 days old. He was born september 9,2014 @ 10:40 a.m. and passed away september 27, 2014 @3:40. He was born 3 months early. When I had to make the choice to take him off life support and it killed me. I felt like I Lost my entire world. I can relate yo this poem in a way words can't express. I hold back the tears every day yo be strong for everyone one else and then after the day end I ho some where and let out my pain. I break down asking why did he have to go so soon. I would like yo use this in the eulogy for my son.

Unknown said...

One day, you'll just be a memory to some people. Do your best to be a good one. See the link below for more info.

#oneday
www.ufgop.org

Anonymous said...

My wife and I were having twins due Dec 5th. August 22 we lost my son at 25weeks the 23rd was my birthday. The 24th my daughter was born 25 weeks 2days. She is now nicu fighting but doing good at the same time. There was more to my story just wanted you to know I feel your pain.