Saturday, January 5, 2008

2am postings......

Hmmm, there's not much on TV at 2am.
I usually try to get right back to sleep after I'm done giving Colby his bottle, but I couldn't sleep this time around. Hopefully in 1/2 an hour or so I'll get sleepy again.
Colby ended up sleeping very well last night. He was just fussy in the beginning. He continues to progress and grow now that he's home. I'm enjoying bumping into people who last heard that he was still in the NICU and updating him that our boy is home and is doing well. It's been a long couple months, there's no way to sugar coat that. But it just goes to show you what I've said all along....keep your head up and a good outlook and things will change for the better. It's just a matter of time.
Colby is eating Pregestimil. Some of you have mentioned to check insurance to see if they'll cover it. We did....and they don't. I've also been told to check out WIC and we will look into that. We thought we'd be able to get pregestimil at any Babies R Us, CVS or where ever, but boy that's not the case. I had quite the time trying to find it and ended up calling the manufacturer and asking them where they've shipped it. I had to go into the office after Tracey got home from work today and after I wrapped up there, I went to hunt down a couple cans. I found them for about $30 each. Not bad considering I saw them online for much more. Colby has been home a little over a week thus far and has gone through 2 cans. I assume over time they'll up his amounts. So hopefully before long he'll graduate to a more "normal" formula which won't be so costly.
My mom came to visit with Colby today. Then my dad and stepmom are coming tomorrow. What a neat thing to be able to have my parents come visit their grandson. I'm a big dreamer and I always wondered what it would be like when this day came....and it's wonderful.
Well, I suppose I should at least try to get back to bed and get some rest. I'll probably post some pics and maybe the video later today.

1 comment:

nancy said...

What a pain to have to use something that is not readily available. Cost is always one thing, but damn, having to FIND it too? Good luck to you. (and good luck with WIC too! I looked into it for us when I had our second and we qualified ~if~ we had 11 children. heh. 11.)

TIVO baby. TIVO. (or any dvr of course). That is what saved me in the middle of the night awakenings where I just couldn't go back to sleep.